The position is a hybrid role which provides coverage and support for our Route Delivery Driver and Field Sales Representative roles. Because of the dual nature of this coverage role, the ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, energetic individual who thrives in a customer-focused environment and enjoys building new relationships. Due to the geographic locations of the territories being covered, frequent travel, including over-night stays, is a basic requirement of the position.
$22.50/hr. The hourly rate listed includes performance-based incentive pay of $4.50 per hour when driving company truck.
FT employees are eligible for all benefits, including 401k with matching, on the 1st of the month following 30 days of consecutive full time employment.
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) with 6% match and profit sharing opportunities
- Enhanced Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance for employee, spouse & children free of charge
- Optional Supplemental Life Insurance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide high level of customer service, and create rapport with all customers
- Demonstrate safe driving skills and comply with all DOT standards, policies, and processes
- Travel through assigned territories and accounts to perform deliveries, sales and service calls
- Communicate with the regular Route Delivery Driver, Sales Representative and/or Area Manager to keep the team informed of issues and opportunities within each territory
- Execute promotional plans through best-in-class in-store selling, service and communication
- Create, write, enter/process, and deliver customer orders as needed
- Provide additional sales retail coverage during promotional periods including Sundays.
- Ensure sufficient shelf and backroom inventory, rotate product, maintain tags and display signage, perform new item cut-in’s, and place point-of-sale advertisements.
- Pick up credits, place loads in proper freezer area, follow customer procedures, and complete paperwork accordingly – including obtaining necessary Proof of Delivery at every stop
- Utilize handheld and printer equipment to successfully deliver, and document daily activities; as well as order product at some locations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver's License
- DOT Medical Certification required prior to employment
- Must be 21 Years of Age for DOT Covered Positions
- 2-3 years merchandising and/or grocery/retail experience is heavily preferred
- Flexible availability outside of normal business hours to address concerns as they come up
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources
WATCH OUR VIDEO TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT WHAT OUR DRIVING ROLES HAVE TO OFFER!