John Turner Consulting, Inc. (JTC) is looking for Entry Level Field Technicians to join our engineering team with opportunities in our Portland Maine location
Successful candidates will possess an outstanding attention to detail, can read and understand construction plans, accurately document and report collected information, and possess the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. The individual will assist in performing field testing of soils, concrete, and asphalt. Must have strong work ethic, ability to work independently, be detail oriented and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if construction elements meet the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document.
- Interpret regulations, codes and industry standards to apply to daily tests and inspections
- Compile and submit inspection reports, daily
- Perform other construction materials testing and inspection, when necessary
- Lifting required 40 to 50 lbs.
- Basic math, writing and communication skills required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, MS Excel and Word a must
- Access to a computer with internet access is preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- The ideal candidate will have 0 to 2 years’ experience and:
- Ability to work safely and efficiently while being assigned multiple tasks;
- Thrives in a workplace where Positive Attitude, Self-direction, Motivation, and Personal Accountability are recognized and rewarded;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Including Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred;
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, supervisors, clients, subcontractors and regulators.
- Work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules, including nights and weekends when necessary
- Dependable transportation with a valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training is preferred
- Some construction-related experience will be advantageous
We will train the right candidate
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employee