Lead the implementation of a shipyard organization and clean-up process. Goals of the effort are to improve utilization of space in the main shipyard, formalize material management processes in outside areas, and create and implement sustainment plans and processes for long term improved organization and cleanliness of the shipyard.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with Operations, and Facilities management to establish future state visions for each major area of the main shipyard.
• Develop detailed plans of action and milestones to progress from current state to future state vision in each major area of the main shipyard.
• Research and recommend infrastructure improvement plans with return on investment (ROI) calculations to justify expenditures. Able to describe and specify infrastructure and equipment.
• Lead outside clean-up and organization efforts following LEAN/Six Sigma processes.
• Create and implement plans for long term sustainment of organization efforts, integrating with OpEx plans.
• Manage a shipyard organization budget for labor hours and material dollars.
• Supervise mechanics from various trades to execute organization and clean-up efforts.
• Communicate plans and progress to all levels of Management on a regular basis.
High School Diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
LEAN/Six Sigma training preferred.
• 5+ years of supervisory/management experience required
• 3+ years of experience working in the BIW Main Yard required.
• 2+ years of project management experience preferred.
• 2+ years of material management processes and systems preferred.
• Excellent administrative skills: effective interpersonal skills, strong, demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication, problem solving/decision making, conflict resolution, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated self-starter that is confident interacting with managers throughout the Shipyard.