General Project Management
• Development and monitoring of Design Team WO tasking, status and charging.
• Primary responsibility is the formulation, execution, and coordination of small to medium size projects
• Primary tasks include process mapping, technical problem solving, communication and presentation of assigned projects.
• Support VP, Director, CAM’s and PMO with requests, projects, initiatives, and emergent issues.
• Coordination of tasking work flow process and scheduling
• Potential supervision or direction to BMDA employees, scoping or otherwise.
• Expedite New Changes and Scopes
• Prepare and process GAFs (Growth Authorizations Forms)
• Weekly Screening of new change work
• Compile and analyze design schedule data
• Coordinate CAM requests – Multi-discipline
• Coordination of design/engineering activities within multi-divisional teams
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with CM/DM engineering services and planning
• Support the CAMs with authorizing work to the design floor
• Work with D87 supervisors daily as required supporting their Work Order management.
Cost (Control Account Management) ·
• Assist the D87 business manager by maintaining budget release goals and resource management.
• Work with the Planners to coordinate and integrate D87 and D40 schedules.
• Provide project analysis on cost and schedule using EVMS principles and analysis of resource.
• Establish and maintain relationship between WO tasking and budget.
Report Development and Maintenance
• Prepare and present reports on project plans and status.
• Support the Director for report creation and or reconciliation as required.
• Support Design War Room meeting.
Work Order System
• Participate in architecture, maintenance, and process enhancements.
• Maintain the Scoping Database (MicroSoft Access)
• MacPac Experience a plus
• Catia/Autocad experience preffered
Bachelors degree in business or technical field or 5 years of experience in an Engineering/Design or Manufacturing Supervision required.
Graduate of BIW's Apprenticeship Program preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years related business or technical management, planning or engineering required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Working knowledge of EVMS principles
• Demonstrated expertise and effectiveness with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Access, and Word
• Working knowledge of Project Management with a basic understanding of Configuration Management
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to work multiple priorities
• Highly motivated, strong attention to detail and the proven ability to take the initiative when required
• Ability to obtain a Security Clearance