Acts as the BIW IT lead, in coordination with other BIW business units, to for the implementation and support of OT (Operational Technology). OT is the technology embedded in: plant operational systems, equipment monitoring and reporting systems, and automated manufacturing systems. Completes business cases in support of OT projects; Participates in, or facilitates, business process modeling and OT solution research efforts. Supports business case development for OT projects and enhancements. Acts as an IT consultant to the business units and reviews all documents for OT projects and enhancements.
Acts as the IT OT lead with the business units by:
- Opening and maintaining lines of communication to monitor and improve business unit satisfaction with OT,
- Provides an IT single point of contact for business units into IT and acts as a conduit between the organizations,
- Makes recommendations for OT process and product enhancements,
- Lead the IT effort to develop and implement an OT architecture and implementation framework that meets IT security requirements and enables BIW to leverage OT capabilities.
- Participates with BIW business units in the long range strategic planning for OT implementations for BIW.
- Benchmark OT best practice with industry consultants and GD business units.
- Work with Operations, Facilities, Engineering and Security staff to develop actionable OT requirements in support of OT projects and business cases
- Coordinate with the BIW business units to implement an OT Governance framework.
- Function as the IT lead for all OT implementation projects, OT product upgrades and life cycle support, and OT compliance initiatives.
- Support OT efforts primarily in the main shipyard in Bath and its other manufacturing locations in Brunswick
- Manage BIW’s technology suppliers to ensure OT trained and competent staffs are available to support BIW.
- This is primarily a first shift position, with some limited required communication and support across other shifts.