Schlotterbeck & Foss is one of New England’s oldest manufacturers of premium condiments, chef sauces, dressings, salsas, and ice cream toppings. The company has grown steadily in recent years and is positioned to grow more significantly as it continues to rapidly expand its private label partnerships with key grocery retailers across the country.
S&F is currently seeking a Director of Supply Chain with experience in leading the transformation and growth of supply chain function including raw material sourcing, inventory management, and distribution of finished goods. This position will manage a small team and will work collaboratively with key stakeholders in the company to design and implement supply chain strategies that will support the rapid and efficient growth of the business.
The following is a sample of duties:
- Manage all sourcing activity for raw materials and packaging across two geographically separated manufacturing locations.
- Design and implement a robust process for RFP’s, contract negotiation for pricing and lead times, and vendor selection,
- Work to reduce costs while maintaining the required levels of quality and reliability of inbound supply.
- Manage and mentor a small team of sourcing and logistics professionals.
- Work closely with other key functional areas including: Sales/Customer Service – meet and improve upon on time and in full customer delivery requirements. Production– sourcing and/or shipping opportunities that drive production efficiencies, including timing of inbound raw materials, identification of packaging options to increase plant efficiencies, and optimization of warehouse space. R&D – drive product and ingredient life cycle awareness, proactively identify and initiate action on slow moving or at risk items. Finance – reduce working capital requirements through improved inventory productivity. Reduce cost and scrap across raw materials, packaging, and freight.
- Negotiate with, select, and manage key supply chain partners
- Support the implementation of a new ERP system, leveraging the MRP, scheduling, logistics management, and sourcing modules to optimize business processes, increase administrative efficiency, and reduce costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree in Supply Chain or very similar business or operational field
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in food or beverage-based supply chains
- Excellent Excel skills- including the ability to manage large data sets
- Hands on experience with ERP/MRP and logistics management systems
- Preferred certifications include CSCP, CLTD, CPIM or similar professional certifications
- Proven experience managing and developing strong teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
Competitive pay and benefit package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401(k) plan with employer match and discount on S&F products!
No Recruiters or Phone Calls Please
Schlotterbeck & Foss is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.