Permanent position located in Pearl Harbor, HI. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Acting in a liaison capacity supporting the local PMR, HRMC, and their Installing Agents (IA) with the installation of maintenance and/ or modernization alterations during the ships scheduled CNO availabilities.
• Perform ship checks to support DDG design development. Packages must be developed in such a manner that they can serve as a basis for design development.
• Generate design for ship alterations as required.
• Investigate emergent waterfront issues and interface directly with the waterfront community and Ship's Force
• High school diploma/GED required.
• Associates/Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of technical experience required, 5 years preferred.
• Ability to interpret and follow technical procedures, standards, and work instructions required.
• Marine design/liaison experience required.
• Design background with multi discipline experience preferred.
• Proficiency in developing design in Auto-CAD.
• Knowledge of DDG Class ships and shipboard systems.
• Proficiency in moderate to complex development work, problem solving and the review/check of another employee's work required.
• Must have strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with little oversight.
• Ability to represent Bath Iron Works autonomously and in a professional manner.
• Ability to obtain a Secret clearance required.
• Ship checks could require some climbing.