Engineer I: No experience required. Entry level position
Engineer II: Minimum 1 year applicable experience
Engineer III: Minimum 3 years applicable experience
- Practical experience and/or education in Structural engineering and Design required, with emphasis on welded connection design and associated NDT requirements
- Knowledge of AISC and ASME B30 & BTH Codes and Standards
- Familiarity with different grades and types of steel, aluminum and wood materials
- Demonstrated experience working in a time sensitive environment with multiple competing priorities
- Strong leadership, self-confidence, and project management skills
- Standard computer skills using MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structural analysis methods, both traditional hand calculation as well as FEA, especially with software tools RISA and Mathcad. FEMAP/Nastran or Hypermesh experience is a plus.
- Experience with Autocad and CATIA (or equivalent 3D modeling software) required.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required
- Ability to present effective and concise oral and written communications to Trades and Management
- Willingness to work in a shipyard/construction environment, on-board ship, pier side or at sea with potential of confined spaces, as well as an office environment
- Requirement to be available for periodic 2nd shift and weekend support as necessary to support Manufacturing needs