Office of Information Technology
Senior Information System Support Specialist
Computing Infrastructure & Services
(Office 365, Messaging & Mobile Services)
OPENS: June 13, 2019
CLOSING: June 28, 2019
You are a talented individual who understands working with a technical team and are driven toward success. You focus on value and repeatability; you know that what you build today must work tomorrow. You enjoy clearing hurdles as you strive for excellence. If this describes you, we want you on our TEAM!!
The Department of Administrative and Financial Services (DAFS) Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides information technology support to over 13,000 employees. OIT oversees large scale enterprise applications that support the critical and diverse business needs of the State of Maine and its agencies.
ABOUT THE JOB DETAILS:
The Office of Information Technology is seeking a Senior Information System Support Specialist with experience in Office 365 & Messaging & Mobile Services. The CIS Messaging & Mobile Services Team within the Office of Information Technology offers professional and technical hosting and enterprise services to agencies. The Messaging & Mobile Services Team resides within the Computing Infrastructure & Services Group, which supports a wide range of applications utilizing Windows Server, Directory Services, SQL Server, IIS, SharePoint and other COTS products. Work is performed under limited supervision. This position is in Augusta. The CIS Group requires 24x7 server support. This requires the position to be on-call in a rotation format.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Exchange Administration within an Office 365 environment
- Assign mailboxes to accounts
- Manage Exchange storage
- Manage 3rd party applications and services (email archiving, anti-virus and spam filtering)
- Respond to help desk escalations
- Provision users for services, manage Public Folders
- Create Distribution Lists
- Create resource mailboxes (Conference Rooms, etc.)
- Create and manage Office 365 Teams and Groups
- Administer Skype and MS Teams
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Planning and executing growth and expansion
- Process mass mailings
- Intune administration and support
- Mobile device administration
- Assist client users with mobile issues relating to Intune configuration
- Manage and troubleshoot licensing issues if they arise.
- Interface with Microsoft Premier Technical Support to resolve any open support cases involving on-premise or cloud-based email issues.
- Implement, develop, support, build, configure, and maintain Windows Servers – Virtual (VMware) or physical.
- Assist with SharePoint and OneDrive administration.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU…
- Experience administering Microsoft Windows Servers, including the recent releases of Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019.
- Experience with Office 365 in a corporate or government environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Intune.
- Experience with VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Experience working with PowerShell, scripting and CLI interfaces
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Experience with DNS.
- Experience with mobile device support and configuration within Intune.
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Experience working to resolve problems or in implementing new solutions.
- Experience using a ticket management system for work prioritization and daily workload management.
- Knowledge of operating systems on PC's and servers.
- Knowledge of complex software applications on PCs, servers, and networks.
- Knowledge of proper computer system data security/backup procedures.
- Knowledge of basic supervisory techniques.
- Ability to understand and contribute to functional requirements and translate them into technical design and development projects.
- Ability to clearly document features, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements for self-produced technical work and job processes.
- Ability to develop and manage user-oriented computing activities.
- Ability to develop and coordinate training programs.
- Ability to train personnel in all phases of computer utilization and application.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical computer problems.
- Ability to perform research and make recommendations to management on technical computer issues.
- Ability to draft agency automated information system policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to perform work requiring lifting and/or physical exertion may be required.
- Must be able to continuously monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend, and apply new technologies as they emerge.
Eight (8) years’ experience performing systems administration functions in a LAN/WAN environment -OR- an Associate’s Degree in computer information systems or directly related field and six (6) years’ experience performing systems administration functions in a LAN/WAN environment -OR- a Bachelor’s Degree in computer information systems or directly related field and four (4) years’ experience performing systems administration functions. Preference will be given to those applicants with at least two (2) years’ experience performing systems administration functions in a Microsoft Windows Server environment, mobile phone management (Android and iOS) and Office 365/Azure.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please visit the following website and apply online: https://maineoit.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0j9km?cjb_hash=O_bQbn48&apply_now=true.
The selected candidate will be required to complete an official job application and pass the required background checks as a condition of employment. *Maine State Government is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. Only U.S. Citizens or aliens who have a legal right to permanently work in the United States are eligible for employment. We cannot sponsor applicants requiring work visas. Resume’ and Cover Letter must be submitted by: June 28, 2019.
CODE: 0929 PAY GRADE: 26 - $51,854.40 – $70,428.80/annually
*Includes a 15% recruitment and retention salary adjustment and eligibility for a 5% annual training bonus
The value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.37% of salary for BU positions. The value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly. The value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
- Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $444.68 biweekly
- Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $422.45 biweekly
- Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $400.21 biweekly
- Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $377.98 biweekly
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program.