Schlotterbeck & Foss is one of New England’s oldest manufacturers of premium condiments, chef sauces, dressings, salsas, and ice cream toppings. The company has grown steadily in recent years and is positioned to grow more significantly as it continues to rapidly expand its private label partnerships with key grocery retailers across the country.
S&F is currently seeking a Category Manager with strong analytical skills to develop actionable insights into customer and market data. The ideal candidate will be adept at presenting information in concise graphical presentations that are meaningful to the company’s internal sales team and external customers and well versed in the CPG industry.
The following is a sample of duties:
- Analyze industry and consumer trends utilizing syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI and SPINS)
- Research qualitative trends to assist in product development opportunities and fact-based selling presentations.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for internal and external customer meetings which are both factually accurate as well as aesthetically attractive.
- Analyze all internal sales on a weekly basis and provide insights regarding increases or decreases in customer shipments.
- Query customer sales data and analyze results/trends; communicate opportunities or risks and make recommendations based on that data.
- Assist sales team in development of annual budget sales goals.
- Create sales forecasts on a quarterly basis together with the sales team.
- Manage the tracking analytics of the internal sales pipeline.
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories and exit strategies for unsuccessful products.
- Work with suppliers to develop market data insights.
- Collaborate with sales team to analyze and determine competitive market pricing for both private label and branded products.
- Analyze internal data to understand drivers affecting growth and make recommendations to accelerate growth.
- Provide ad hoc sales reports or projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience required
- 5-10 years of prior experience in a category management, sales or marketing role
- Proficient in Excel, including functions (VLOOKUP, IF, COUNTIF, etc.), pivot tables, conditional formatting, charts, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Well versed in analyzing syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI and SPINS)
- Excellent communication skills
Competitive pay and benefit package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401(k) plan with employer match and discount on S&F products!
No Recruiters or Phone Calls Please
Schlotterbeck & Foss is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.