GENERAL DESCRIPTION/MISSION STATEMENT: The Inpatient Care Coordination (ICC)Lead, under the direction of the Manager of ICC, oversees the day to day operations of the ICC Department. Day today operations to include staffing and oversight of optimization of daily patient flow. Duties will also include, but not limited to, staff education, participation with Performance Improvement and Policy updates. Will include acting as Care Manager or Utilization Management Nurse as staffing patterns dictate. Provides leadership to the department in the absence of the Manger. Occasional weekend or holiday coverage may be required. Maine Registered Nurse Licensure is required. Experience with Hospital Care Management/Utilization Review preferred.
1. Oversight of the daily operations of the Case Management/UM team.
2. Oversight of daily staffing needs including scheduling of staff and EBT
4. Oversight of optimization of daily patient flow
5. Assist the Manager of ICC with CM and UM program development
6. Assist with ongoing education for topics not limited to Case Management, Utilization Management, and Chronic Disease Management
7. Assist with Performance Improvement Planning and Monitoring
Assist with Policy Updates
Assist with review of department compliance with Joint Commission Standards of Participation as well as State and Federal guidelines.
Participate in hospital committees as assigned
Participate in Initiatives to reduce readmissions
Provide leadership to the ICC department in the absence of the Manager
Acts in the role of Care Manager or Utilization Review as staffing patterns dictate
1. Maine RN licensure
0800-1630 Hours (*:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) Monday through Friday.
Occasional weekend or Holiday Hours may be required
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Case Management/Utilization Management
High School Diploma
Minimum of associates degree
BLS is required within the first week of employment. Employees must maintain CPR certification throughout employment when in a clinical position.
De-escalation and workplace violence training will be completed at hire prior to release from orientation.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be able to work well with other departments.
2. Must be able to verbalize problems well.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting: 1-3 hours/day
Standing: not a requirement
Bending: not a requirement
Either Handedness: 40-60% of job cycle time
Near vision: 20/20
Far vision: 20/40
Hearing: Whispered Voice 8 Feet
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.