The Intermediate BI Analyst is an analytics and visualization professional for the Business Finance and Analytics team, which will provide key information to help improve organizational outcomes, increase revenue capture and improve efficiencies to reduce cost. This position requires competency in financial, business, quality, human resource and other analytical skills with a focus on performance metrics. The primary responsibility of this role is to assist with data visualization needs and to serve as project team members and technical resources for high-visibility, complex performance improvement efforts that affect multiple members of NLH.
Job Functions & Duties
• Produces professional dashboards, reports, scorecards and other analytical tools with the highest quality and with well-documented assumptions.
• Applies appropriate tests to analytical results to provide high quality and accurate results
• Assists in data interpretation, communication and presentations around key performance indicators
• Assists in gap analysis and transforming data into useful information
• Updates scorecards and other data tools to help provide actionable information
• Assists with reviewing current processes with customers
• Performs root cause analysis to understand the business issues and summarize data challenges of the customer
• Works with senior analyst, manager and/or customers to implement improvements including design, build and testing of visualizations
• Communicates status updates, feedback, areas of improvement; provides support for inquiries or issues related to improvement
• May assist with research to diagnose and help resolve problems
• Participates in NLH System & Strategic Partner Teams as directed to provide insight into data and information relevant to specific metrics
• Analyzes results and quantifies objectives
• Assists in identifying key consultants as needed
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree plus three years of experience in a relevant technical, analytics or statistics role is required or equivalent combination of experience and education required. Master's Degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Relevant operational experience and procedural knowledge required.
• Experience with NLH Software, data and business information preferred.
• Exceptional customer service skills required.
• Two or more years researching, identifying and resolving technical issues required. Lean trained preferred.
• Knowledge of business analysis techniques preferred.
• Ability to interpret technical information into non-technical context required.
• Creative and "outside the box" problem solving skills required.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft software knowledge and ability to train/assist end-users required.
• Tableau experience preferred.
• Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully, develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem-solving situations, and use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability speak clearly and persuasively in a variety of situations required.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schematic form required.
No direct supervision. Ability to influence without express authority and to collaborate effectively. Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
Supervision Received (ability to act independently)
Receives guidance from manager and to understand priorities and achieve established goals. Must be self-motivated and comfortable working with somewhat limited direction.
Work performed impacts targeted processes and goals of Northern Light Health.
Typical Contacts (Internal/External)
Works as part of a team but is also involved with interaction outside of the department when educating and supporting customers. Works with System members to help them achieve their best-practice process goals. Occasional travel to other sites in the Northern Light Health System will be required.
Manual dexterity required. Requires a stationary position for 80% of the work day. Dexterity with use of computer keyboard and writing implements. Must be able to work in an open office environment and possess visual and hearing acuity necessary to discern information from the telephone, computer, printed forms, written and oral instructions from coworkers and others. Light lifting of files and manuals with some bending required.
Ability to operate a computer keyboard and monitor (including laptop computer) required.
Travel to our different Northern Light Health locations and overnight stay may be occasionally required. Travel expenses and mileage reimbursement will be made in accordance with standard Northern Light Health policies in effect at the time the expenses are incurred. The employee may also be expected to travel to conferences and/or training workshops both in and out-of-state as required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.