The Filler Operator receives prepared product from cook/mixers and operates equipment that packs and labels the product.
- Receives product from cook/mixers and operates the packaging equipment without compromising the integrity of the product through the entire packing process.
- Accurately records batch cards and any supporting documentation.
- Coordinates other line operators, line workers, and agency workers in the operation of the packing equipment from loading of empty containers to palletizing of filled containers.
- Responsible for the quality of the packing process from appropriate fill levels and specified weights, to proper capping, shrink banding, labeling, and cleanliness of the packed container.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of quantities of product packed and correctness of blocking patterns on pallets.
- Responsible for the rate of throughput of the packing line in achieving targeted standards of production
- Keeps work area tidy and performs routine cleanups.
- Must know which critical operations to shut down in an emergency.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Must have mechanical aptitude to set up equipment, perform changeovers and adjust controls to keep equipment operative at optimal efficiency
- Proficiency with arithmetic and utilization of a calculator.
- Must be capable of dealing with multiple facets of production equipment without losing control of any of the functions.Must be fluent in English (reading and writing).
- Normally standing/walking with freedom of movement on a regular basis.
- Lifting requirement is 65 lbs.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (8 - 10 hours)
- Frequent physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping.
Competitive pay benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life, std, ltd, 401(k) and 16 days of paid time off in first year of employment. Wage based on previous manufacturing experience.
Schlotterbeck & Foss is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religious affiliation, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.