Schlotterbeck and Foss is seeking a Sr. National Sales Manager to join their team. Schlotterbeck & Foss is one of New England's oldest manufacturers of premium condiments, chef sauces, dressings, salsas and ice-cream topping ingredients. The company has grown steadily in recent years and is positioned to grow more significantly as it continues to rapidly expand its private label partnerships with key grocery retailers across the country. Our fine specialty foods are produced in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Westbrook, Maine and Chester, Vermont.
- Grow and retain existing S&F accounts through developing mutually beneficial long-term business relationships with current customers and developing relationships with new customers.
- Hit quarterly and annual sales revenue objectives on Private Label and Branded.
- Responsible for hitting quarterly and annual gross margin dollars on S&F's Branded Products.
- Conduct annual Business Reviews with the largest existing customers, analyzing opportunities, evaluating slow sellers and introducing new innovation ongoing. Serve as the conduit to Customer Service/Sales Specialist in resolving issues or customer concerns.
- Responsible for securing new S&F business within the retail segment, with a specific focus in grocery, club, and the mass merchandise channels. Foodservice is a potential future category of focus.
- Responsible for having a thorough knowledge of the retail market, private label, S&F's extensive products, positioning and capabilities, as well as understanding S&F's competitors and staying on top of industry developments.
- Research and identify sales leads and potential new partners primarily for private label.
- Build and maintain an on-going pipeline of accounts that assist S&F in achieving their goals.
- Explore new opportunities by cold calling, attending trade shows (e.g. PLMA) and networking. Requires continual follow up and attention to detail.
- Lead new business pitches/capability presentations and organizing culinary events at the customer's office or in Portland, Maine.
- Work directly with Product Developer, Culinary Chef and R&D team to manage customer’s innovation.
- Responsible for promptly submitting new product requests via our internal software program and working together with the Director of R&D to manage your customer’s product expectations.
- Analyze accounts to provide monthly forecasts, track risks and opportunities, promotional spending and provide ongoing communication with the VP of Sales.
- Work with S&F's internal technical staff to communicate customer needs, R&D product development and ensuring projects fall within the scope of S&F's standard operating procedures.
- Closes new business deals by developing proposals and negotiating strategies that leads to S&F obtaining new business. Works together with finance on approvals of legal agreements and documentation.
- Works with finance on pricing
- Travel 50% (company is based in Maine, but incumbent may live elsewhere).
- 8+ years’ direct selling experience.
- CPG selling experience across numerous retail channels.
- Experience within Branded or Private Label. Private Label experience a plus.
- Good business sense including networking, prospecting and persuasion skills.
- Superior presentation and communication skills both externally and internally.
- Proven financial planning and forecasting skills.
- Strategy development and proven ability to execute a plan.
- Strong CRM experience.
- Collaborative, team player across functions.
- Ability to demonstrate strong follow-up and superior customer service
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding sales results- goal oriented.
- B.S./B.A. degree in Business or other relevant field/ college degree.
- Strong Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Competitive pay and benefit package including paid time off, full medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401(k) plan with employer match and discount on S&F products!
No Recruiters or Phone Calls Please
Schlotterbeck & Foss is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.