The Trade Training Coordinator ensures that accurate, quality, trade specific classroom and hands on training is provided to all new hires to prepare them to safely perform the essential functions of their trade. Direct over site of all T04 and C02 mechanics to ensure that they meet the requirements outlined on the skills matrix and keep it updated. Work with trade front line supervisors on the specific training needs of each mechanic assigned.
This job includes but is not limited working at all Bath Iron Works training Facilities with the responsibilities of developing and delivering training curriculum on the following topics:
• Trade specific safety practices
• Trade tools, jigs and equipment
• Trade Terminology
• Trade Related documentation (e.g., work orders, drawings, sketches, revision notices, DOIs)
• Trade Layout and Installation Methods
This job also includes:
• Monitor trade training delivery to ensure quality instruction and trainee productivity.
• Provide input for the 120 and 240 hour probationary employee evaluations.
• Conduct musters and account for trainees.
• High school or GED diploma required
• Manufacturing trade experience required.
• Combination of education and training experience preferred.
• Graduate apprentice preferred
• Good computer knowledge/experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
• Supervisory experience preferred