• Perform welding in all positions (laying down, kneeling, standing, overhead).
• Must be comfortable working in confined spaces and at heights over 6 feet.
High School or GED required
Certificate or Associates Degree in Welding Technology
Trade/Vocational School graduate with focus on FCAW or GMAW
Verifiable FCAW/GMAW welding experience in a fabrication industry required
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to pass a FCAW 3G & 4G welding proficiency test. (BIW Grade 7 test)
• FCAW /GMAW groove welding /all positions/UT quality
• Carbon arc gouging back side of groove welds down to sound metal to produce UT quality groove weld.
• Knowledge of AWS Welding Symbols