Provide technical and resource management primarily for the General Laborer Department across all areas of the shipyard.
• Ensure that Trade employees are adequately trained to safely perform jobs prior to assignment.
• Manage personnel assignments to meet a variety of needs throughout the shipyard. Work with Area and Trade management to identify needs and work solutions on a weekly basis.
• Interface directly with Supervisors to ensure that General Laborers receive clear performance goals and feedback, and are given opportunities for continued learning.
• Maintain a professional working environment within the trade, including resolution of personnel issues in a timely manner.
• Facilitate personnel moves, loans, and facility or shift assignments.
• Manage and issue discipline to employees, as required.
• Monitor probationary evaluations and merit increases to ensure fairness and consistency.
• Be visible on the deck-plates to develop relationships with Trade employees and to provide communication and support.
Bachelor's degree combined with applicable work experience preferred.
• Five or more years of progressive supervisory/management experience at BIW.
• Sound interpersonal and teamwork skills required.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills required.
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills required.
• Familiarity with the BIW Local S6 Labor Contract required.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PeopleSoft, WFM, LMS, preferred.
• Experience in Craft Administration duties preferred.