Assist in the execution of our Lean Manufacturing strategy through implementation of lean principles and concepts that focus on elimination of waste and non-value added activities:
• Plan and develop policies, procedures, run rules, and long-term operational requirements that foster a commitment to Lean and its principles;
• Provide leadership, mentoring and support for green belts and process improvement team leaders;
• Identify and execute cross-functional cost reduction projects ("black belt projects");
• Support the Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) program in all facets - including Lean Six Sigma, Process Improvement Initiatives, Shipbuilder Initiatives, etc.
• Provide employees with technical direction, management direction, and adequate training to ensure consistent quality and efficiency through job knowledge;
• Report to management, customers, and vendors to monitor project status and to coordinate work activities;
• Ensure quality and timeliness of work and completion within budget;
• Support and administer labor contract and ensure safety regulations;
• Effectively communicate with employees, management and professional personnel to help achieve and maintain smooth work flow and high productivity;
• Plan, organize, and deliver education and training on Lean Manufacturing across all operations departments and areas.
Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Certified Black Belt (including project portfolio)
• 10 years' experience in ship construction (preferred) and/or manufacturing environment required.
• Working experience in dealing with a union and/or understanding of current contract preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflict and multiple priorities required.
• Significant experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel required. Experience with Project, and Access preferred.
Working knowledge of and/or experience in part/all of the following lean principles is required: 5-S, Value Stream Mapping, Pull Systems, Lean Quality, Standard Work, Root Cause Analysis, Single Minute Exchange of Dies, Just-In-Time, Employee Empowerment, Employee Lean Recognition, Cellular Manufacturing, Reducing Manufacturing Cycle Time, Operational Excellence, executing Kaizen Events and DMAIC projects.
Additional skills, include:
• Strong oral and written communication skills required.
• High energy level, positive perspective, teamwork skills and results oriented.
• Strong analytical and project management skills and ability to develop and apply business process metrics.
• Effective leadership and facilitation skills required.