John Turner Consulting, Inc. (JTC) is looking for Class 2 – Inspector to join our team with opportunities in State of Maine Regions I-V servicing the Maine Department of Transportation (MEDOT).
- Assigned as an inspector on single or multiple construction operations on MaineDOT project(s).
- Duties include inspection, measurement and documentation of work done by the Contractor to ensure compliance with specifications.
At least one of the following certifications is required:
- NETTCP Soils and Aggregate Inspector
- NETTCP Soils and Aggregate Lab Technician
- ACI/NETTCP Field testing concrete certification
- NETTCP Hot Mix Asphalt Plant Technician
- Paving Inspector - assigned as an inspector on single or multiple hot mix asphalt paving projects. Duties include inspection, measurement, sampling and documentation of work done by the Contractor to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Testing Technician – assigned as a technician on single or multiple projects or at a MaineDOT laboratory. Duties include performing field/lab testing for Hot Mix Asphalt, Portland Cement Concrete or soil/aggregates, etc., and documenting/communicating test results to internal and external customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile and submit inspection reports, daily
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, MS Excel and Word a must
- Access to a computer with internet access is preferred
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employee