John Turner Consulting, Inc. (JTC) is looking for a Class 1 – General Inspector to join our team with opportunities in State of Maine Regions I-V servicing the Maine Department of Transportation (MEDOT).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigned as an inspector on a single operation on MaineDOT projects or at MaineDOT laboratories.
- Construction inspection, measurement, and documentation activities and computation of quantities and test values to ensure compliance with specifications
- Basic testing and communicates test results
- Specific duties may include but are not limited to being a Hot Asphalt paving ticket taker or performing basic inspection on construction activities.
- Compile and submit inspection reports, daily
- Lifting required 40 to 50 lbs.
- Basic math, writing, and communication skills required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, MS Excel, and Word a must
- Access to a computer with internet access is preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- The ideal candidate will have 0 to 2 years’ experience
- Ability to work safely and efficiently while being assigned multiple tasks;
- Thrives in a workplace where Positive Attitude, Self-direction, Motivation, and Personal Accountability are recognized and rewarded;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Including Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred;
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, supervisors, clients, subcontractors and regulators.
- Work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules, including nights and weekends when necessary
- Dependable transportation with a valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training is preferred
- Some construction-related experience will be advantageous
We will train the right candidate
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employee