Schlotterbeck & Foss is New England's oldest food-service manufacturer of condiments, sauces, dressings, salsas and ice-cream-topping ingredients. Today, we still produce in small batches, with the care of handcrafting to bring out the most vibrant flavors. From the horse and buggy days to the present, we have earned and maintained a reputation for quality, local products and great service.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing all equipment and company assets.
The following is a sample of duties:
- Proactively maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and alters defective equipment.
- Provides maintenance on complex production equipment.
- Responsible for controlling inventory and requisitioning appropriate parts. Performs maintenance checks on buildings and equipment.
- Maintains electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Complies with company safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Performs general equipment repair and installation of safety equipment when necessary. Teams with production staff to encourage proper use and care of all equipment.
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs. Follow Good Manufacturing Practices. Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tag out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned, while following company, safety, quality policies and procedures.
- An associate degree in Electrical Mechanical Science or 2 years minimum experience in a maintenance role, with minimum experience with one or more technical experiences including but not limited to Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer controlled equipment, and PLC experience preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine sequences of assembly.
- 4th Class Boiler Operator License desired.
- PLC Automation Controls experience preferred.
- Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally in both oral and written communications.
- Self-directed, detail oriented, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
Competitive pay and benefit package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401(k) plan with employer match and discount on S&F products!
No Phone Calls or Recruiters
Schlotterbeck & Foss is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.