The AP/AR Associate will be responsible for invoicing, receivables, payables, cash receipts, expense processing, and filing/scanning.
- Responsible for all customer billing and invoicing activities. EDI, mail, fax, and/or emailing of customer invoices.
- Prepare cash deposits and accurately apply payments to customer accounts.
- Perform routine review of outstanding AR balances including collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries and working with past due accounts on aged AR balances. This will require researching customer short pays.
- Responsible for opening incoming mail related to AP/AR.
- Responsible for matching Raw Material/Packaging invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents.
- Match recurring invoices and company expense invoices to PO’s then process in ERP system.
- Research invoice discrepancies between PO’s and/or receiving documents. Work with Purchasing Manager, warehouse team and vendor to resolve issues.
- Review weekly bank activity and record electronic payments (wires) or cash receipts (credit card, ACH, wires) in financial software.
- Process weekly AP check run as directed by the Controller.
- Review and process monthly corporate card activity.
- Respond to customer payment correspondence or vendor payment inquiries and/or forward to appropriate team member as needed.
- Support various year end accounting activities, including preparation of 1099’s, research and data collection in support of audit activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Associates degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
* 3-5 years of related experience in accounts payable/receivable.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Proficiency working with financial software/systems (AP, AR, GL, etc.)
* Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally in both oral and written communications.
* Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
* Must have ability to foster positive relationships with customers, vendors, clients, and coworkers.
Physical Requirements / Work Conditions:
- Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines and handling light materials and supplies.
- Normal exposure to office environment. Occasional exposure to warehouse and manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Full benefit package offered including medical, dental, vision, life, std, ltd, 401(k) and paid time off.