Cianbro has an opening for a safety minded, experienced, Heavy Equipment Mechanic for shop work in Pittsfield, ME. This is a fixed based, year round position.
- Identify and eliminate all hazards associated with all work tasks.
- Safely and efficiently-
- Inspect/test, troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of heavy equipment including but not limited to cranes, dirt equipment and other misc heavy construction equipment.
- Read parts schematics to aid in ordering parts/materials.
- Ability to complete a material requisition and follow up on part arrivals.
- Accurately track time and materials spent on repairs to be applied to Work Orders.
- Continually maintain an organized, clean work area.
- Continually implement new ways to complete tasks safer and more efficiently.
- S/he must consistently maintain a positive attitude.
- S/he must excel in a team atmosphere.
- S/he must pay attention to detail, be a self-starter, and be able to effectively communicate with other members of the team.
- Individual must be mechanically inclined and eager to learn via OJT.
- Embrace the use of technology to complete work safer and more efficiently.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a heavy equipment technician and/or a combination of technical education and mechanical experience is required.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.