MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within his or her field of study. This opportunity can either be a paid internship or can be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks and begin on June 3rd and end on August 16th. This opportunity will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The IT Operations Intern should be someone interested in Computer Operations/ DeVops. The intern will take part in the common practices around systems operations. The Operations Intern will work on various projects as needed and be paired with a System Operator for a given project. Development skills are not required, however, if an intern is interested in exploring coding/scripting, he/she can get some experience coding/scripting and testing the results.
- Performs daily production processing by leveraging a variety of technologies, such as AS/400 system administration and job execution, report development using SQL or scripting, to deliver key business and IT deliverables.
- Monitors all critical production processes and technologies that have high visibility and impact on business and IT operations. Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Based on skill level, may be able to assist with some scripting or coding using a variety of products.
- Prints reports, checks, bills, etc. as well as completes scheduled jobs.
- Assists with documentation and maintenance of documents related to IT operational processes and activities.
- Assists with help desk coverage by providing occasional phone support and assists with the resolution of commonly documented issues.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. We will consider all Bachelor degree majors if a student is interested in breaking into IT.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Interest in software development, system operations, or information technology.
- Must be able to use MS Office tools.