MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within his or her field of study. This opportunity can either be a paid internship or can be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks and begin on June 3rd and end on August 16th. This opportunity will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The Premium Audit Intern will learn about the premium audit function at MEMIC. The Intern will be exposed to all of the functions in the department from handling correspondence to processing voluntary audits to visiting insured’s with a Premium Auditor to observe audit procedures in the field.
- Enters final audited exposures (after they have been reviewed) into the AS400 system for endorsement issuance and final audit billings.
- Communicates with auditors, agents, insured’s and other company personnel.
- Performs customer satisfaction surveys done by mail or phone.
- Conducts voluntary audits as required.
- Reviews mail audits for accuracy.
- Scans audits and related documents into Image Right.
- Tasks correspondence to appropriate reviewer or auditor.
- Files, photocopies, and other clerical duties as required.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must be able to work and succeed in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Accounting basics and Insurance knowledge a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.