The IT Project Manager is responsible for delivering business outcomes from projects. The incumbent plans, executes, and delivers all projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the manager tracks project status and manages project teams to mitigate issues and risks.
- Defines and creates project plans. Manages projects from conception to initiation and execution.
- Partners with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Manages and mitigates risks.
- Facilitates all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Assesses and resolves all high priority project risks as they are encountered.
- Ensures all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company.
- Single point of contact for assigned projects.
- Ensures all assigned projects meet success criteria and ROI targets stated in the business case
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with at least 5 years’ experience managing IT business projects or equivalent education and work experience.
- Experience working with project and portfolio management tools (MS Project, Clarity, Visio, etc.).
- PMI certification or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of full systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Understanding of software development methodologies (i.e. Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative).