Enercon designs and manufactures embedded systems for a diverse array of customers spanning from industrial, medical, automotive and military markets. We are looking for a talented self-directed Software Test Engineer to join our development team. The qualified candidate will have experience, preferably medical device experience, developing product test plans that conform to regulatory requirements, writing automated unit test scripts, providing a test strategy, and test reports throughout the product development process.
- Proven experience developing test procedures and scripts in manual test environments. Experience developing automated test scripts, desired.
- Experience with creating tests for complex embedded systems both software and hardware.
- Proven experience with manual test execution including troubleshooting. Experience with automated test execution, desired.
- Knowledge of Python and shell scripting on Windows and Linux platforms. Familiarity with Linux, C/C++, and LabVIEW desired.
- Unit testing, integration testing, regression testing (automated), and test-driven development experience.
- Experience with Configuration Management principles and tools.
- Experience with issue tracking defects, defect logging, tracking, analysis, and validation.
- Experience documenting and validating design and development tools used in regulated product designs.
- Experience testing structured and controlled software that conforms to medical and/or automotive processes such as IEC 62304 and ISO 26262.
- Experience building and maintaining a test script harness and library to facilitate making the product test design process more efficient.
- Experience using an oscilloscope or logic analyzer, etc. for low level system testing, would be a plus.
- Experience managing source code through a source control system, preferably Git.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree is required for this position
- Minimum of 5 years testing software, at least 3 years testing software for embedded systems, preferably medical devices.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive Benefits Package.