The primary role of this position is to direct the development and implementation of activities in the assigned production areas to meet all production, quality, and cost objectives goals.
This person will prioritizes production schedules based on operator capacity, material availability and equipment availability if required. This person will ensure that all policies and procedures are being administered in a fair, timely and safe manner. This person will be part of the interview process and will develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the most efficient operation in the department.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, (i.e.…assemblers, operators, technicians) assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, monitoring schedules and defining priorities.
- Perform individual tasks related to the unit or group.
- Interact daily with subordinates, functional peers and cross functional employees from other departments. This interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of information.
- Work on issues where analysis of a situation or data requires a review of relevant factors. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Ensure that all established ESD, safety, ergonomic and security policies are being followed.
Hire and perform employee evaluations.
- Prioritize schedules and resources to meet daily requirements.
- Communicate issues and concerns to upper management.
- Be pro-active in looking for continuous improvements to the process.
- Mechanical or electrical knowledge helpful but not required.
- Ability to work in a “Team” environment.
- Leadership skills a must.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft office.
- Good organizational and people skills.
- College education or equivalent related work experience.
- Work experience must be from a manufacturing environment.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.