The primary role of this position is to develop manufacturing processes for electronic and electromechanical assemblies which yield reliable high quality assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement manufacturing process technologies, methods and techniques to assist and promote the building of reliable, high quality assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
- Provide active consultation to new product development teams regarding manufacturing capabilities, techniques and issues related to design for manufacturability (DFM) and test (DFT).
- Assist in the preparation of new product cost estimates.
- Implement new equipment and new processes – Responsible for identifying, specifying, validating, documenting, implementing and training.
- Design production equipment and fixtures to aid in the assembly of product while improving operator safety/comfort, reducing labor and improving quality.
- Provide technical training in manufacturing techniques, methods and processes to manufacturing associates.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Collect, record, and present data.
- Investigate and diagnose product manufacturing issues and respond to internal and external customer requests for changes and improvements.
- Coordinate the implementation of product design changes.
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
· Self-starter and a strong problem solver.
· Desire to work as a member of a team.
· Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
· Excellent organization and decision making skills.
· High level of energy and enthusiasm.
· Strong software abilities: MS Office – proficiency necessary. Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems, Solidworks, Autocad and MS Project a plus.
· B.S. or equivalent in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology.
· 1-3 years of related of work experience.
· Experience with printed circuit board assembly and test highly desirable
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing and/or six sigma desirable
Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.