The primary role of this position is to manage the development and improvement of the product test processes and procedures. The Manager of Process Test Engineering coordinates the development of test equipment and processes oriented toward improving quality and reliability, while lowering total costs.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates the test engineering group activities in the design, development, implementation and improvement of systems, processes and procedures.
- Plans and establishes test engineering projects and follows up performance against estimates.
- Initiates testing cost reduction proposals, compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action, and checks on results obtained.
- Manages the implementation of test changes.
- Oversees the implementation of new test equipment and new test processes including the identification, source selection, validation, manufacturing implementation and training.
- Ensures the active consultation with new product development teams regarding testing capabilities and issues related to designing for test.
- Assists in the preparation of new product cost estimates specific to test.
- Directs the technical training in testing techniques, methods and processes provided to manufacturing associates.
- Actively maintains knowledge of new testing technologies, methods and techniques.
- Administers group personnel functions such as recruiting, hiring, and performance reviews.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
- Excellent software abilities: MS Office –proficiency necessary.
- Ability to manage self directed on a day to day basis.
- Ability to work in environments experiencing routine and rapid change.
- Excellent organization and decision making skills.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 3 years of related of work experience required.
- At least one year of demonstrated ability to lead direct reports
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly and test highly desirable
Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.